Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and to move medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools to our customers. We are committed to providing reliable and innovative instruments, solutions, services and support to meet the needs of today's laboratories.How will you make an impact?
You will be a leader in clinical support in your role as a Field Clinical Support Specialist.
The core responsibilities are to provide field service support for the innovative Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer, a fully automated clinical analyzer with mass spectrometry for in vitro diagnostics aswell as other clinical and laboratory equipment as required.
This is a field-based role where you will support our customers by providing effective trouble shooting, repair and maintenance of clinical diagnostic based products, technical training and support to current and potential customers as required.
The position will work in a cross functional capacity with the field service, applications and commercial teams to really provide exceptional customer support.What will you do?
- Carry out quality technical and professional on-site Installation and Commissioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific equipment with special focus on the Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer and support other clinical and laboratory equipment as required
- Ensure training of the customer in the accurate and safe operation of the equipment
- Visit Customer sites for regular Maintenance Services such as Preventative, Repairs, Emergency Breakdowns and after-hours support as required
- Complete site visit reports within time frames as laid down in the relevant work instructions, and or Customer requirements. Ensure all agreed action points are followed up
- Interpret customers' needs and take responsibility for problem resolution
- Collect and share market and competitive intelligence to sales organisation (public procurements, competitors, business partners).
- Ensure that KPIs are met and achieve Customer Satisfaction objectives
- Travel throughout a designated service region on short notice to support Thermo Fisher's products
- Support clinical customers in an on-call and after-hours capacity according to the Thermo Fisher policy and be remunerated accordingly
Experience and Skills
- Tertiary qualification in a Scientific, Electronic, Electrical Engineering, Biochemistry or Chemistry-related field
What's in it for you?
- 2 years experienced Field Service Engineer or Clinical application related work in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods, hardware and software
- Strong analytical hardware/technical and application problem solving skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written skills capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or verbally.
- Ability to work independently, manage time/priorities, and maintain composure under high levels of demand is necessary.
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time including interstate and international travel
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives & goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills
- A competitive salary and performance related bonus structure
- Access to Thermo Fisher's global University
- Exposure to market leading & cutting-edge technologies
- Career development opportunities as part of a leading global organisation