As the international design and build partner for Australia’s Future Submarine Program (AFSP), Naval Group is playing a critical role in the design and construction of 12 regionally superior submarines that will keep Australia’s shores secure for decades to come.
Initially reporting to our Infrastructure Manager, the Facilities Engineer will coordinate the sourcing and transmittal of accurate technical data into the facility design. The role will review and analyse technical and design documentation to ensure compliance with the functional requirements. The position will also develop and produce technical documentation to support the design development including reports, drawings, instructions, and data.
This role will eventually transfer in to the Facilities Team, reporting to the Facilities Manager. At this time they will be responsible for delivering facility upgrade projects, capital equipment procurement and services delivery to enable a fully operational shipyard.
Key responsibilities within Infrastructure team:
- Electrical Supply and Back Up Systems
- ICT Services
- Fire systems
- Water supplies
- Industrial ventilation and extraction systems:
- Industrial gas distribution systems
- Compressed Air and High Pressure Compressed Air distribution systems
- Industrial fluids
- Electrical systems (e.g. Direct Current (DC), 60Hz, 3 phase)
- Explosion-proof services for Hazardous Areas
- Back-up power requirements and capacity
Key responsibilities within Facilities team:
- Specification development
- Support the procurement team with tender evaluations and supplier selections
- Contractor management for delivery of services and supervision of work on site
- Coordinate with end users to minimise impacts on Naval Group productivity
- Coordinate handover activities – training, manuals, warranties, etc
- Contract close out
Education and Experience required:
The successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen;
You must be eligible to attain an NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearance. (Please visit the ASGVA website http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/factsheets-forms.asp for further information relating to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance).
Naval Group value diversity and we value our people. After all, their talents and expertise are driving forces behind the success we enjoy around the world today. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
Naval Group Australia only considers applications submitted directly by candidates.
Naval Group Australia will not accept or consider any applications from recruiters or recruitment agencies for this position.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime