CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne's busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden, Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our East/Domain Precinct to commence the planning for theup coming surface works (Road/Tram/Utilities).Key responsibilities:
- Procurement of subcontractors and engagement with utilities providers
- Writing of scopes of work documents for the road and tram packages
- Design interface - assisting with the work through design development
- Assisting in demolition (acoustic shed etc) in lead up to civil works
- Work within the project team to assist with scoping and cost estimating of works, updating the asset management system and compiling of relevant QA & safety documentation including a Master Project Schedule.
- Provide required reports to the SPE to meet monthly reporting timelines.
- Assist all members as/ where required in ensuring all elements of QA & Environment Management Systems are maintained at the highest levels.
- Assist the SPE in routinely providing all relevant information required for the timely compilation and submission of all necessary.
- Assist the SPE with traffic staging methodology
- Preparation of both short- and longer-term detailed construction plans and targets as required.
- In conjunction with the SPE assist where required in the review of project budgets and ongoing expenses to ensure Financial Control remains within the acceptable limits of the budget at all stages of the project.
- Understand the client's requirements in relation to all Project Plans, Document Control procedures and QA/ Environment requirements in order to meet or exceed their expectations at all times.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Local Melbourne experience with Vic Roads standards preferred
- Tertiary qualifications Construction / Engineering Discipline.
- Previous work in a Rail/Civil/Tram environment would be desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in programming, cost control, quality assurance, safety and supervision / people management.
- Minimum 5-10 years' engineering experience.
- Experience on > $10 M Projects.
- Project Engineer and operational experience.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements.
CYP D&C is a diverse, flexible and inclusive organisation. We enable and empower our people and are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO). We strive to remove barriers to help people join the CYP D&C team.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Job Segment:
Civil Engineer, Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineering