We have a unique opportunity for a talented and motivated Environmental Scientist / Planner - Impact Assessment to join our high performing Environment team based in Adelaide.
In this role, you will work amongst a team of peers and alongside our diverse range of clients on an array of high profile, major projects predominantly focused on transport, infrastructure. defence and renewables with a potential future across a range of sectors. You will have the opportunity to learn first-hand from our in-house senior advisors and technical leaders who have experience in impact assessment, permitting, approvals, environmental planning and management, natural resources, waste, water, air quality, due diligence, sustainability and resilience planning. You will be part of the larger industry-leading Environment business in ANZ, collaborating to deliver solutions to some of our largest clients most complex problems within the South Australian region and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced environmental candidate who can work collaboratively to:
- Prepare and manage timely and high-quality environmental impact assessments, constraints analyses, strategic assessments and environmental management plans, verifying that construction teams are implementing as planned within transport, infrastructure, defence and renewables market sectors
- Assist in the organisation of resources, budgets and timelines for the management of these projects where needed
- Develop effective relationships with our clients, in-house design teams and technical specialists to ensure projects are delivered successfully.
AECOM provides a great place to work where we place a high priority on a fun and engaging work environment offering career development and mentoring as well as social and wellbeing opportunities. You will be working with driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative, and quirky but proud to be part of a company that is dedicated to delivering a better world.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, or you are coming from another city to establish yourself in Adelaide - AECOM will support you in deepening your technical expertise and growth potential whilst allowing you to enjoy the benefits of Australia's most liveable city. Minimum Requirements
You will have experience in some or all of the below areas:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience working for a consultancy
- Manage projects, including preparation and supervision of deliverables and resources, to meet contract requirements in line with a project plan
- Actively manage and schedule project resources to ensure on time and on budget delivery of work
- Undertake sections of multi-faceted projects in collaboration with other staff or sub-consultants
- Provide technical expertise to resolve client or project requirements and ensure maintenance of high technical standards
- Prepare reports, proposals, tender documents and correspondence
- Undertake project invoicing and budgeting
- Undertake ad-hoc project related tasks as required which may include studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, presentations, and legislative research
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients to enhance client retention and growth
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with other project staff including subcontractors, suppliers, clients and the community to enhance working relationships and outcomes
- Receive general instruction on project tasks and undertake internal and external training as required
- Assist in mentoring and developing junior staff
- Previous experience working with Commonwealth agencies, e.g., Defence is beneficial
About our culture
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Statutory Planning, Environmental Engineering or similar)
- Preferred at least 3 years or more impact assessment or environmental approvals experience across a number of market sectors
- Knowledge of and previous experience in the South Australian processes
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Proven results in client relationships and business development skills
- Effective collaboration, organisational, negotiation and team building skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects and meeting project goals and deliverables in a timely and profitable manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing and development of proposals.
To tackle the most complex challenges and provide innovative solutions, we attract, hire, and develop talented people of all backgrounds that ensures our teams reflect the community we service and provides an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We pride ourselves in the Adelaide office of a workplace culture that encourages people to be at our best every day - with our culture being founded on the cultural pillars of 'make it happen', 'support our team' and 'embracing the new and different'.
AECOM offers flexible working arrangements and benefits for our team including additional annual leave options, paid parental and partner leave, provision of working from home kits and mobile phones (ensuring you have a proper working setup at home) - however we realise the importance of team and as such you'll always have a desk in the office! Once you feel the culture and dynamics of our team, we promise you'll want to come into the office and spend time with the team.
We offer one of the best team cultures in Adelaide - and for those of you interstate - consider the change and move to Adelaide - our office is already benefiting from many moving back to the great lifestyle Adelaide offers. What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Environmental Business Line
Geography OH Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.