Australia - New South Wales, AU - Newcastle, NSWJob Summary
Due to an exciting and growing pipeline of projects, we have a unique opportunity for an Environmental Scientist/Occupational Hygienist to join our supportive team in Newcastle or Sydney. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in the field on a variety of high-end and rewarding projects and be part of a team committed to achieving success and quality results. You will have the opportunity to work on projects across Australia as part of the Compliance Services Team in the field of asbestos, hazardous materials and occupational hygiene.
Specific works will encompass asbestos air monitoring, surveying, clearance inspections and related consultancy and management services. Additional services provided to our clients include gravimetric analysis, noise dosimetry assessments, and monitoring of a wide range of occupational contaminants of concern.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct asbestos and hazardous material surveys (sampling and management);
- Conduct asbestos and hazardous material investigations and assessments;
- Conduct asbestos monitoring, implementing programs and site supervision;
- Asbestos fibre counting laboratory analysis;
- Undertake a range of occupational monitoring and reporting;
- Client liaison including provision of client reports;
- Qualifications in Occupational Hygiene, Environmental Science or equivalent disciplines;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role with strong knowledge of current legislation pertaining to asbestos and hazardous materials;
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional skills in report writing and proposal preparation;
- Have an Asbestos Assessor Licence;
- Hold a valid driver's licence and be available for extensive local and interstate travel.
.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - EnvironmentalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
AU - Sydney, NSW
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.