With approximately 54,000 talented people globally and 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
In an increasingly urbanised and densified environment, the demand for land is rising. As greenfield sites become scarce, there is a need to rehabilitate existing sites for new uses. In dealing with the impact of site contamination, we are increasingly focused on sustainable solutions that support long-term human health and environmental values.
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our technical contaminated land capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily, better leverage technology and access a broader client base.
As we're seeing significant growth in our projects value and pipeline, new opportunities have been created for junior and experienced Environmental Scientist / Engineers
to join us in Perth
Day you day, you can expect to:
- Conduct interesting environmental field works (e.g. drilling, hydrogeological testing, site validation, monitoring) with varied considerations for safety, sensitive stakeholder considerations and intricate geology/ hydrogeology
- Coordinate projects, including budget, scope, time, stakeholder communication and client relationships
- Oversee contractors and take responsibility for safe, compliant and quality field works programs
- Interrogate investigation data, develop conceptual site models and prepare technical reports and assessments
- Review and approve the work produced by junior team members, providing coaching and mentorship
- Foster strong relationships with existing clients
At the junior level, most of your time will be spent undertaking site work to collect environmental information including sampling of soil, groundwater, soil vapour, ambient air and landfill gas. You will subsequently help manipulate and interpret large data sets based on information collected in the field.
This opportunity will also give you exposure to a broad range of activities allowing a solid foundation for your future career development, including:
- Project planning and stakeholder communication
- Environmental monitoring and sample collection
- Contractor management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
- Project budget, time and client management
- Proposal preparation
Typical projects include environmental due diligence, portfolio assessment and advisory, preliminary and detailed site investigations informing risk assessments and development of mitigation strategies, remediation planning and implementation.What we'll love about you
The successful candidate is a team player and brings the following:
What we will offer you
- 2-8 years of experience in delivering contaminated land or remediation projects, with relevant knowledge in geology/soils, hydrogeology and environmental chemistry
- Understanding of WA CLM regulations
- Good communication and technical reporting skills
- Formal qualifications in environmental science, chemistry, biology, geology or engineering
- A desire to mentor junior/graduate staff and grow local business (experienced Consultant level)
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities