We have a unique opportunity for a professional Environmental Scientist / Engineer to join our Environmental Team based in Melbourne and to take the next step in their career. You will primarily assist with fieldwork and reporting aspects of multiple concurrent contamination investigations and remediation projects of varying size and complexity.
This position will provide experience and a greater level of responsibility working on a diverse array of high profile, major infrastructure assessment projects across a range of sectors, including Department of Defence, mining, transport (road/rail/ports/air), water utilities, energy, oil and gas, and urban renewal property. You will work amongst a team of peers and alongside our clients and subcontractors, while learning first-hand from our in-house senior advisors and technical leaders both in Melbourne and across the world.
You will be required to multi-task, contribute to and prepare reports independently, plan, manage and supervise out field work, liaise with subcontractors and the client, and assist with preparing bid and tender processes. The typical works expected to be undertaken in this position may include:
- Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations
- Remedial Action Plans
- Site Validation Reports
- Waste Classifications
- Site supervision and contractor management
- Data management and validation
- Project management tasks
AECOM provides a great place to work where we place a high priority on an engaging work environment offering career and technical development, as well as social and wellbeing opportunities.
We aim to deliver excellence by making sure that our staff are "Set up for Success" and that the projects and works we do are balanced between the skills and support of staff members, the opportunity for staff to grow their skills and experience, and the needs of our clients are met to the high professional and technical standards.Minimum Requirements
- Relevant experience (>three years) in a consultancy environment or related industry, specifically in contaminated land assessment and remediation.
- Experience in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vapour, and/or groundwater.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in groups.
- Commitment to safety and safe management of works.
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science.
- Experience in data management software (ESDAT / Equis) and preparation of environmental reports.
- Experience in communication and management of subcontractors or client expectations.
- Defence Baseline Clearance or experience with Department of Defence works.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - EnvironmentalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.