Due to continued growth in our pipeline of work, we are currently seeking interest from experienced Environmental professionals to join our team. Located in West Perth, our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District. Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.Job Description:The role
Due to continued growth in our pipeline of work, we are currently seeking interest from experienced Environmental professionals to join our team. Located in West Perth, our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District. Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Scoping and design of contaminated land and groundwater investigations
- Conducting field testing and sampling for environmental investigations including soil, vapour, surface water, wastewater and groundwater assessments
- Preparation of technical written reports
- Collecting, compiling and interpreting field and laboratory data
- Supervising subcontractors during fieldworks
- Conducting site history and desktop research for contamination assessments and environmental constraints analyses
- Preparing proposals, reports and management plans within given timeframes
- Supporting and mentoring our junior Engineers and Environmental Scientists
To be successful you will display -
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering
- Demonstrated five to ten years' experience within the field of contaminated land assessment and/or environmental assessment and approvals
- Strong analytical, reporting and verbal communication skills
- An ability to interpret and carry out instructions while ensuring safety is at the forefront of all operations
- An ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Valid/current driver's license
- Defence baseline security clearance or higher an advantage
This position includes both office and field work and applicants must be physically able to stand and work in the field (including in remote areas) for extended periods of time.Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
www.cardno. com/careerCardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.