Ambitious and ready to take your career in environmental consulting to the next level? Want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced national contaminated land management team? One with the scope to work on a diverse range of complex and challenging projects across Australia?
If you have the drive and desire to continue building your career with a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you. The Company
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for land contamination and remediation, environmental planning and approvals, ecology, flora and fauna, spotter catcher services, land rehabilitation, bushfire planning and design.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of over 1,800 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, Kleinfelder Australia continues to deliver local projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated environmental scientist to join our contaminated land management team in Melbourne. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex site assessment and remediation projects for a growing client base including local government, major oil companies and operators of large industrial facilities. The Role
The role will involve using your technical skills and knowledge on a wide variety of projects for both private sector and government clients including:
- supporting project managers with project scoping and fieldwork preparation
- executing on ground field works at contaminated sites which involves collection of soil, sediment, surface and groundwater samples and supervision of drilling contractors (PSI, DSI etc)
- undertaking all works consistent with our safety values, systems and procedures
- evaluating and distilling field and analytical data,
- preparing scientific and technical reports.
- working as part of a broad team to help solve complex environmental issues
We are seeking talented and curious scientists who want to advance their career with a global environmental consultancy. Ideally you will bring:
- a degree in environmental engineering, geology or relevant earth science;
- a minimum 5 years of related professional experience in contaminated land investigations and remediation (within a consultancy would be an advantage).
- experience conducting complex field investigations including; drilling oversight, soil, soil vapour and groundwater sampling at large sites;
- effective written and spoken communication skills and the aptitude to confidently liaise with project teams, regulators and clients representative;
- ability to leverage senior project managers by supporting project scoping and planning, subcontractor management, financial controls and preparing scientific reports;
- safety leadership in the field and commitment to adopting behavioural based safety programs;
- ability and willingness to travel interstate
The right person will join our Melbourne team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to develop their career working on a diverse range of large and technical challenging contaminated land projects. You will reap the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder's Technical Network. Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexuality, marital status, pregnancy, race, religious beliefs, political beliefs or affiliations, industrial activity, disability, age or carers responsibilities in accordance with relevant state and Commonwealth legislation.
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 6 March 2020
Contact: Kristina Braun 03 9907 6000