When it comes to environmental consulting, we see the world as our greatest resource. That's why clients trust Jacobs to help solve their most complex environmental challenges and opportunities. We partner with government agencies, municipalities, private sector companies and leading environmental organisations to safely manage legacy liabilities for redevelopment, and deliver proven industry expertise on new infrastructure, sustainability and environmental health and safety initiatives around the globe.
With a strong pipeline of work in NSW, we currently have an exciting opportunity in Sydney for an Environmental Management Consultant to join our team. Our current and emerging projects span a variety of sectors including water, transport infrastructure, power and energy, renewables, waste to energy, Defence and industrial. This solid pipeline provides our team with tremendous career opportunities, signature projects and a diversity of invigorating work. With in-house teams covering all environmental, planning and spatial disciplines as well as other technical/engineering teams, our people have plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth. #LI-LM1234 #ANZEnviroWe are looking for a motivated and collaborative individual with 3-7 years' experience in site environmental management; environmental risk assessments; development and implementation of environmental management systems (EMS); auditing and compliance assessments. The successful candidate will play a key role contributing to the growth and successful performance of our Environmental Management services, both in NSW and nationally.
You are an accomplished practitioner, having delivered a variety of projects with excellent outcomes for clients and the business. You've dabbled in a number of sectors and are now looking for the next challenge; perhaps it's a different sector, a larger project/program or working with a broader cross-section of disciplines. You will be experienced in the provision of environmental services and demonstrated delivery of site environmental services for infrastructure projects, environmental risk assessments, implementation of EMS and involvement within medium to large multidisciplinary projects.
Skills and requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Demonstrate excellent understanding and application of environmental legislative frameworks, including the requirements across NSW and Commonwealth jurisdictions
- Prepare and implement environmental management documentation (ie. CEMPs, EWMSs), including the use of spatial tools to identify and minimise impacts on the environment
- Strong engagement and communication skills to liaise with relevant authorities, contractors and key stakeholders
- Experience in the successful delivery of sustainability strategies and outcomes
- Knowledge of the current and leading industry standards to manage environmental risk on construction sites
- Knowledge and experience of one or more sectors (e.g. rail industry, Defence, roads, renewables (wind, solar, hydro, batteries), waste management, waste-to-energy, hydrogen, industrial, power and energy, water sector, construction environmental management) is also favoured.
- Specific water sector experience will be highly valued.
If you are seeking to contribute to high profile projects that will lead to excellent career prospects within one of the largest global engineering firms then we encourage you to apply. Please take this opportunity to showcase your experiences that align with the skills and requirements of the role. Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential.
You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to JacobsOrganization:
AU - Sydney Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities: