Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the team/program
You will be joining a collaborative, highly skilled team, conducting engineering quality assurance and support services for rotary and fixed wing aircraft, and ground support equipment in either Richmond (preferred) or Brisbane, with your primary focus being C130J Hercules platform.
Our Engineering Quality team provides support to the Military Design Organisation (MDO) and the Continuing Airworthiness Management Support Organisation (CAM-SO). You will provide support to the Manager Engineering Quality as required to maintain the integrity of the Airbus Engineering Management System and Quality Management System as it applies to the Engineering functions.
About the role
The quality assurance activities encompass support of airborne platforms and ground support stations already in service with our customers, as well as support of the design of complex upgrades to existing platforms and new products.
As the Engineering Quality Specialist you can anticipate some of your day-to-day activities to include:
- Provision of MDO and CAM-SO quality assurance and support services to the Design Engineering and Support Engineering functional lines.
- Conduct quality audits in accordance with audit schedule ensuring compliance with the DASRs and conformance with the applicable requirements, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leading independent technical investigations and resolving quality issues.
- Follow up on audit outcomes, non-conformance, include driving to close out solutions including verify improvements were implemented.
- Provide leadership and direction for quality improvement.
- Supporting the effectiveness and the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) across Airbus.
- Coach and mentor staff in quality management system and processes.
- This role may be required to perform the obligations of Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASR) Part 21J Chief of Independent System Monitoring (CISM) in the short term absence of the Manager Engineering Quality.
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to work in a team environment, have well developed analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal skills. You must be someone who can work autonomously who is comfortable driving continuous improvement.
- 5+ years' experience in an Engineering quality role, ideally within an aviation environment. Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of the International quality standard AS/NZS ISO9001:2015.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Defence Regulations DASR Part 21 and Part M.
- Lead Auditor certification through an accredited training organisation, and minimum 3 years' experience as a Lead Auditor, managing audits and investigations.
- Strong leadership skills, underpinned by a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
What's on offer?
We are a global platform and we are open to innovation and new ways of thinking. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
- Flexible working arrangements
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Closing Date: Friday, 1 May 2020