Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile, and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive, and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers' critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy's fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it's our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
NSM promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time. About the role
The Engineering Change Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and delivering a program of engineering changes to be implemented into complex Royal Australian Navy Ships.
About you Essential
- Lead and contribute to a "Safety First" culture through leadership and participation in HSE activities and initiatives
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members (direct & indirect), so that all employees are engaged with the business; understand and adopt NSM's values, strategy, and plans; and are motivated to achieve their objectives and improve the business
- Work with the multiple internal and external stakeholders to identify required Engineering Changes
- Assist in the developmental activities for Engineering Change Proposals
- Develop costed and resourced schedules with key milestones through the entire lifecycle of the Engineering Changes
- Develop and manage project plans for each Engineering Change including risk identification, management, and reporting
- Integrate the engineering project plans and schedules into the Integrated Master Schedule for the ships' light and heavy maintenance availabilities in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Track progress of Engineering Changes including related activities such as the long lead materials required for the changes
- Coordinate the technical reviews of the Engineering Changes through the Engineering Review Boards and the Configuration Control Boards
- Foster and maintain customer and enterprise relationships
- Significant engineering project management experience with complex assets
- Qualifications in Engineering with Engineering Project Management experience
- Engineering leadership experience relating to complex and highly regulated assets
- Experience in managing and executing projects through the full System Engineering lifecycle
- Strong stakeholder management skills including external customers and regulators
- Experience in maintaining technical documentation
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Knowledge and familiarity working under a robust engineering governance framework
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills; and
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, ERP tools such as SAP, scheduling tools such as Primavera P6
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- No restrictions to access to AEO or FOUO level or to ITAR controlled material
- Working knowledge of Asset Management best practice; and
- Experience in managing projects in an environment where schedule overruns have severe impacts on the customer and your business