QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
An opportunity now exists for an Electronics Engineer
to join our Integrated Engineering Services (IES) division in Port Melbourne.
Working alongside world-leading defence scientists our Integrated Engineering Services division offers multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
The Electronics Engineer
is responsible for the electrical aspects of the design, development, testing, and documentation at QinetiQ IES team located in Fishermans Bend Port Melbourne:
- Development of the system requirements and specifications
- Design of electronics systems as per the requirements and safety regulations
- Development of documentation for design validation and qualification
- Project technical management of multiple design projects
- Working in conjunction with other technical disciplines to ensure overall system requirements are achieved
- Working in conjunction with other departments to meet operational requirements
- Creating and/or assisting with cost estimates for new products and services
- Review and/or approval of basic drawings, electronics schematics and other technical documents
- Support electronics technicians with product fabrication
- Additional tasks as assigned by superior
To be successful in the role of Electronics Engineer
the ideal applicant will require:
You MUST be eligible to obtain an Australian Government security clearanceLife at QinetiQ
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Experience with portable power platforms ( batteries/solar/generators)
- Experience with wiring design and drawings
- Experience in developing schematics
- Knowledge of Wiring and Equipment standards
- Knowledge of electrical cabinet and cable design design
- Computer proficiency (Document Management Software, MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) Additional desirable assets would include:
- Experience with CAD software packages
- Altium, Electra experience or simular schematics software packages
- Technical writing
- Conduct minor electrical fabrication ( fault finding to component level)
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.