APS Level 6
$80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
Canberra - ACT, Sydney CBD – NSW
The Directorate of Navy Engineering is looking for high performing, experienced Professional Engineers to be a part of their small but dynamic teams that provide engineering services across the lifecycle of maritime assets. This includes requirements development, analysis of ship & system designs and verification of performance through physical test and trials.
As an Engineer, your key duties will include:
1. Analysis, interpretation of data and applying judgement to provide technical advice in roles described below.
2. Review and development of processes, standards, policy, and technical requirements. This includes liaising with a wide range of internal and external entities for contributing to and maintaining corporate knowledge.
3. Undertake analysis, review, inspection and testing of maritime systems and ship designs. Conduct investigations that take into consideration broader and immediate operational requirements, cost, planning and practicalities of ship ownership.
4. Assisting with training and knowledge sharing amongst colleagues (APS and uniform), including mentoring and skills development of graduate engineers.
We have vacancies across a number of roles:
Project Liaison Officer Maritime Mine Warfare, Patrol & Geospatial (MWPG):
Integrates a wide range of specialist engineering inputs to deliver & support a range of Systems Engineering functions (concepts, requirements, technical assurance, reviews and evaluations).
Fire Safety Engineer:
Delivers and supports a variety of engineering services related to fire safety containment and prevention in naval platforms (i.e. materials, fire insulation, suppression systems).
Survival Systems Engineer:
Delivers and supports a variety of engineering services related to Escape, Evacuation and Lifesaving technologies in naval ships (i.e. escape, evacuation, lifesaving equipment & evacuation analysis).
Signature Management Engineer:
Delivers and supports a variety of engineering services related to signature management/reduction in naval ship designs (i.e. requirements, verifying above and below water signatures).
Propulsion & Mechanical System Engineer:
Delivers and supports a variety of engineering services related to propulsion & mechanical systems (i.e. diesel engines, gas turbines, shaftlines, lubrication/fuel systems and gearboxes).
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate, manage and report on technical activities.
• Demonstrated ability in providing technical assurance of equipment, systems and processes
• Highly developed verbal, written and computer communication skills to logically convey thoughts and ideas.
• Demonstrated capability to influence key stakeholders in order to achieve effective strategic outcomes.
• Strong skill sets in analysing, synthesising and presenting technical information and data in a clear and concise manner that aids decision making
• Ability to work in a fluid environment, remaining flexible, agile and adaptable supporting colleagues at short notice.
• A background in engineering specific to the role is highly desirable.
• Practical application and experience of engineering/technical judgement through assessing engineering systems/design solutions.
• Practical application and experience in researching, developing and assuring engineering requirements.
• Demonstrate complementary engineering skills, an interest and willingness to learn to develop technical expertise in a specialist position.
Application Closing date: Thursday the 22nd of February 2021
For further information please review the job information pack, Reference NAVY/00337/21 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
Not the job you're looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime