At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description:
Our Energy and Resources team is looking for an Engineer to join our team in Sydney on a permanent basis. Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- HV Powerline design for Electrical Utilities in NSW;
- Providing technical support to assigned projects under professional supervision;
- Electrical Earthing Calculations to support design submissions;
- Preparing technical drawings, plans and designs for Electrical Installation drawings including electrical schematics, plans, detail and assembly drawings, general arrangements, sub-assembly and component drawings;
- Daily utilisation of AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel; and
- Assisting Project Managers with the successful completion of engineering projects to fulfil project requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in Design of electrical infrastructure for either Utilities or Rail authorities in New South Wales;
- General familiarity with the electricity supply industry, Rail industry or electricity transmission and distribution practices and related topics;
- Sound knowledge of software including AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Drafting standards experience with utilities and high-level knowledge and application of functions within CAD;
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, standards, specifications and sketches;
- Ability to work well within a team and have a positive attitude towards your work;
- Ability to be communicate design concepts with clients and other internal stakeholders;
- Ability to work as part of a national team and act as the team representative when working with other internal departments; and
- Good written and communication skills and the ability to produce professional documents and reports.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World