UGL is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. UGL is active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. Our skilled workforce, expertise in project management and end-to-end engineering, is backed by a continuous focus on safety, innovation and improvement.
At UGL, we believe a company's ability to move with market changes and new technologies comes down to the strength of its teams. We are currently seeking an experienced Regional Electrical Instrument & Controls Engineer
who will implement maintenance standards whilst contributing to the maintenance program, project implementation and commissioning as well as coordinating engineering support for our client's terminal operations across Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania (East Terminals). About the Role
- You will provide for incident and injury free delivery of maintenance services to the East Terminals by providing strong HSSE leadership and implementing the HSSE management plan.
- Contribute to routine maintenance program, including inspections, preventative, predicative and corrective maintenance.
- Develop and implement improved maintenance practices to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of site maintenance.
- Assist management of maintenance program at regional sites through coordination with National Electrical and Automation Engineer, Terminal Managers, Site Maintenance Supervisors and UGL and Subcontractor teams.
- Ensuring all break-down maintenance is conducted within contract set time limits and to safety and quality standards.
What we offer
- Tertiary Engineering qualification.
- Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Area (Classification and Design) certification - AS/NZS 60079 (bonus).
- Proven industry experience in engineering, maintenance and/or project implementation and commissioning for major resources sites within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical industries.
- Knowledge and exposure to PLC, SCADA, tank inventory and network systems.
- Experience with RSLogix, GX Developer, Citect, Entis XL as well as experience with interfacing to instrument and control systems using a variety of communication protocols such as Modbus, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet and DeviceNet.
- Experience in implementation, construction and commissioning of LV and Controls equipment and systems.
- Experienced in implementing maintenance and inspection programs across multiple sites.
- Proven experience in leading a team across multiple sites and in managing Subcontractors.
- Detailed knowledge of Australian & International codes and standards, good engineering practice and the applicable statutory requirements with respect to Electrical systems in hazardous environments and Instrumentation systems.
- Ability to conduct & review Electrical Instrumentation & Controls Design Engineering.
What makes you right for UGL
- Diverse opportunities to back yourself, grow and achieve
- The chance to join one of the world's leading international contractors
- Attractive group remuneration and benefits
- A culture that values diversity and innovation
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that team success and value are realised when everyone plays a part
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
#LI-UGLR #Work-180 #unitewiththeverybest