We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.About the role:
Opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our Under Water Systems engineering team. The position will employ engineering skills, knowledge and competencies, individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to satisfy internal and external customer's expectations for services, products and deliverables, and support the achievement of project and business obligations.
Based in Rydalmere NSW, you will be working with a diverse range of products and technologies. You will work to achieve project deadlines whilst meeting customer requirements in the most cost-effective way.
You accountabilities will include;
How about you;
- Conducting Electronics Engineering design (analogue and digital), development, testing, integration of electronics sub-systems and equipment
- Developing minimum design capture documentation such as specifications, design reports, electrical schematic diagrams, PCB project files, development test plans/reports and bill of materials.
- Preparing Prototype (Analogue/digital) equipment designs, source parts/materials, assemble, integrate and test against engineering specifications.
- Provide technical input into and assist with the development of system-level architectures.
- Where applicable, support self-funded R&D projects in order to investigate, design and develop new systems and products.
- Preparing for, capturing and actioning outcomes from technical milestone reviews.
- Developing necessary manufacturing documentation to reproduce a subsystem such as PCB manufacturing, assembly drawings, wiring schedules and assembly instructions.
- Ensuring the quality and configuration control of produced design, manufacturing and test data.
- Documenting and developing solutions to support and automate production processes (e.g. production test equipment, programming equipment, etc)
- Demonstrate that the solution / product satisfies the overall approved operational needs and that the product data package is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
Good to Know
- Qualifications in Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering/Science Degree and able to meet the requirements for membership of IEAust.
- Knowledge and experience with analogue hardware design
- Knowledge of and experience in PCB design and layout tools
- Knowledge in circuit simulation tools
- Knowledge of and experience with medium/high speed digital design
- Knowledge of PCI-based hardware technology
- Demonstrated ability to take designs through to production
- Ability to accurately document the work performed
- Engineering experience in a hardware development environment will be desired
- Demonstrated ability to design software on embedded processors will also be favourable
You'll receive an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://www.defence. gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180. com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.