Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia's Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Capability provides skilled people, know-how, process and tools to manage system requirements, design, performance and test for program execution and growth opportunities. As one of the country's leading and preferred defence partners, Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) develops and sustains leading edge technologies for some of Australia's largest and most complex defence projects. Boeing also provides unique opportunities for professional development and career pathways.
The SEIT Capability is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Electromagnetic Effects (EME) Engineer or Scientist
to become part of our multi-disciplinary, multi-site team to contribute to cutting edge systems and exciting new technology development and verification across current and future Boeing platforms. You can be based in Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle or Adelaide to conduct this role.
As a senior EME Engineer or Scientist at BDA, you will:
- Contribute to the open, inclusive and innovative team culture that we have
- Contribute to strong development and knowledge sharing frameworks
- Actively participate in the development and expansion of BDA's EME capability
- Oversee and ensure EME related requirements and design are defined, implemented and verified to produce effective and compliant solutions
- Estimate EME associated project tasks
- Negotiate certification plans
- Present compliance findings to relevant authorities
- Provide mentorship to engineers developing their skills and knowledge in this specialist field
- Plan and participate in EMC verification activities
To thrive in this environment, you will be…
- Outcome focused and demonstrates a strong commitment to the Boeing values
- Team orientated, influential and likes a challenge
- Tertiary degree qualified in an engineering or related technical discipline
- Have demonstrated experience in applying relevant engineering practices, standards and regulations
- Experienced with EMC laboratory test procedures and protocols for establishing test configurations, monitoring testing and reporting
- Experienced with composite structures and the design practices required to assure EME protection, including familiarity with composite structure lightning direct effects and protection measures and related regulations, would be considered highly desirable
- Experienced in using CATIA or similar for design reviews would also be desirable
- 15+ years experience within related EMC discipline
In joining our team at BDA, you can:
- Work on innovative, complex, technology products which contribute to ensuring a world class Australian defence capability
- Enjoy and contribute to a positive team culture across a diverse, passionate, and inclusive organisation
- Be supported to grow and develop your career
- Work under flexible arrangements to enable work-life balance
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting a diverse and safe workplace, and particularly encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.