As one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, WSP is experiencing robust growth. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower in developing creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive.
We plan, design, manage and engineer lasting Water, Property & Buildings, Transportation and Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 48,000 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects, and clients, and providing the best service, solutions, and advice.
Due to the continuous success of our Australian Power Business, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our renowned NSW Power team in the Sydney office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of Power engineering professionals to undertake traction power design for both DC & AC networks on major multi-disciplinary projects. The Opportunity:
What we'll love about you:
- To work with Rail clients to deliver increasing development of new lines, expansions of existing railway network and infrastructure renewal of the traction power system to support patronage demand
- To work alongside industry recognized leader in the field
- To work on complex jobs assisting clients throughout entire asset lifecycles
What we will offer you:
- Electrical engineer with experience working in a Tier 1 consulting environment
- Ideally, 3-4 years' relevant experience, must have rail project experience
- Very good analytical skills and strong communication skills
- Traction power design experience in developing substation designs, site layout, cable sizing, cable routing, equipment selection and associated auxiliary systems
- Experience/knowledge in cable ampacity modelling and analysis
- Knowledge in engineering calculations associated with electrical design such as fault level, fault loop impedance, volts drop, cables and equipment sizing, rating and specification.
- Knowledge in traction power systems and power system protection is advantage
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.