At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs’ Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
About the opportunities
The Electrical Engineer / Senior Electrical Engineer role is based in Perth, WA and reports to the Chief Engineer, as well as Project Managers across a wide variety of projects. We are looking for engineering professionals with solid experience in a similar role within a design and execution team.
The position will be responsible for
- Overseeing, directing or personally delivering complex electrical designs on key industrial projects, particularly in mining
- Generating and contributing to marketing opportunities for new business and developing stronger client relationships
- Driving the pace and efficiency in the delivery of electrical design and execution projects
- Supporting Project Managers / Designated Project Executives managing risk, project delivery, HSEC, quality and service
- Participation in HAZOPs and Risk Assessments
- Development of electrical design and implementation deliverables, including Requirements Specifications and Scopes of Work
- Development of technical standards for industrial facilities
- Package engineering of vendors to ensure compliance with project specifications
- On site commissioning (various locations)
- Promotion and leading of Safety in Design on projects
- Chair electrical engineering project meetings, both internal and with our external clients
- Engineering degree qualification
- Experience in leading electrical design and/or execution projects
- Experience in HV, MV and LV electrical distribution design projects
- Experience across the phases of engineering projects from feasibility/conceptual studies through to detailed design and execution
- Experience with standby power generation systems
- Experience with materials handling systems including conveyors, stockyards, material screening, etc
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces (particularly process, piping, mechanical and instrument) required
- Experience with power system analysis and studies / design of earthing and protection systems is desirable
- Ability to develop a full suite of electrical design deliverables including drawings, engineering reports, specifications, calculations, datasheets etc
- Ability to develop systems and procedures to guide compliance with client and company policies/practices and statutory/regulatory requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team
- Ability to generate, develop and drive proposal plans for new project opportunities
- Ability to write and develop procedures, design criteria, specifications and equipment datasheets
- Mentor our electrical graduates and drive technical excellence in delivery
- Proven successful delivery of electrical projects in a lead or management role
- Credibility and relationships with industrial clients in WA
- A keen eye for detail, and a focus on quality and performance
- Experience with Electrical site construction and commissioning is desirable
At Worley we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive.
Our Electrical Engineering team in Perth is a key team in the wider Asia Pacific business and provides opportunities to work on national and international projects. We are able to apply our significant international experience in the delivery of complex electrical designs to local clients. This role comes with significant future potential to work across Worley globally leading some of the world’s largest industrial projects.
Achieve more with a global brand.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered. To register your interest you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.