Australia - Victoria, Melbourne Job Summary
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 56,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.
As AECOM is awarded further exciting projects across a diverse industry base a diverse opportunity presents for an Electrical Engineer to join our Building Services Team within our Buildings + Places group.
The role is ideal for an intermediate level Engineer (ideally circa 5 years or more experience) with a proven technical background and project management experience who is looking for the next step in their career. In our building services team, you will be part of an experienced multidisciplinary team, developing detailed design solutions and taking part in the delivery of a range of exciting electrical engineering projects.
Some of the industry sectors that we have a strong presence in include but are not restricted to the following:
- Health Facilities
- Defence Estates
- Transport Infrastructure
- Commercial Buildings
- Education Campuses
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of design, specifications, reports, calculations, drawings, cost estimation and details/schedules for projects.
- Project controls including QA, document control and the like expected for professional project delivery.
- Undertaking site inspections, providing advice and preparing reports.
- Development of in-house technical documentation.
- Coordinating with other design disciplines in team environments.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree;
- Proven relevant experience working on building services projects as an Electrical Engineer;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical design documentation and working with clients in a project management role;
- Technical background within an engineering consultancy environment on building services projects;
- Proven project experience working to Australian Standards, ideally with exposure to State/Federal Government projects;
- Proficiency with industry standard software (such as; MS Office, AutoCAD, PowerCAD, AGI32, Bluebeam).
- Experience working in electrical services design including lighting, general and specialist power, earthing / lightning protection, power distribution and reticulation.
What we Offer
- Working towards CPEng or interest in pursuing CPEng, highly desirable.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
- Diverse, challenging and exciting multidisciplinary engineering projects;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee. What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / Electronic Business Line
Building Engineering Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.