A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team.
As a key member of the growing highways team, delivering high value product within the market place, you will be able to demonstrate:
• Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline (Telecommunications, Electrical)
• Membership with professional institutions and experience leading to achieving Chartered/Registered Engineer status
• 3+ years’ experience in the consulting or public-sector environment
• Functional knowledge and experience in Low voltage electrical design to Australian Standard requirements
• Experience in utilising AGi32 and PerfectLite lighting design software
• Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of ITS systems is preferred
• Successful in the delivery of key projects and programmes, including effective understanding of financial, technical and resource issues, and strategic input into multi-disciplinary project teams
• Commitment to continuous professional development, including development of skills in systems integration into wider mobility solutions
• Good communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports) and keen sense of maintaining high standards
The primary focus role is to undertake Electrical design engineering to support the development of the Lighting, ITS and Electrical project portfolio in Western Australia. Applying technical skills to support the provision of strategic advice and design services to deliver Lighting, ITS and Electrical solutions. Provide quality assurance and governance in projects through proactive involvement with stakeholders.
Increasingly clients are deploying technology solutions to better manage their networks, improve safety and environmental impacts and better inform travellers. We work with clients to advise on all aspects of technology systems, from strategic advisory services through to design and operation. Key areas of focus include electrical and lighting design, smart mobility solutions, communication networks and connected infrastructure.
The role will involve working with team members to design, develop and deliver innovative solutions within agreed timescales and budgets.
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or similar, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in design, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
Some of the role’s responsibilities will include:
• Undertake Electrical Engineering, including low voltage power design in accordance with relevant Main Roads WA Specifications and Australian Standards
• Create Street Lighting, PSP Lighting, Under bridge and Underpass Lighting designs in accordance with relevant Main Roads WA Specifications and Australian Standards
• Undertake ITS designs and develop high-value strategies for clients across public and private sectors
• Carry out the following with and without supervision:
o Develop effective design drawings and documentation
o Co-ordination of designs with other engineering disciplines, including input to multi-disciplinary co-ordination exercises
o Development of contract documentation, systems schematics, layout plans and technical specifications for tendering and construction packages
o Understand and meet the terms of client briefing material
• Ensure consistent completion of Lighting, Electrical and ITS projects within quality, budget and programme expectations
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime