Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a motivated Engineer to join our Perth Electrical Team. The role is ideally suitable for a candidate who has 4-10 years' experience working on a range of building services projects including retail, commercial office, residential, high rise, industrial, educational and healthcare.
The successful candidate will have a good grounding in design and be looking to further develop their role and responsibilities. The successful applicant will be expected to manage small to medium scale projects with minimal support and manage components of work on larger scale building services projects. In particular, be able to work independently to deadlines, with an ability to support our senior and project engineers on a number of projects at different stages of completion.
This role will enable the successful applicant to develop in a professional and personal sense, and to forge a challenging and rewarding career path in a global successful company.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Electrical design calculations and assessment
• Assist Senior and Project Engineers
• Report and specification writing
• Contribute to our company culture
• Liaise with authorities and contractors
• Attend project meetings
• Bring value to in-house design meetings
• Self-review of own work to ensure internal service is excellent.
• Contribute to our company culture
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Knowledge of Australian Standards
• Building Electrical Services Design Experience
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines with well-developed organisational skills
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
• Positive, can-do attitude and strong work ethic
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Electrical Engineering degree
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-Western Australia Perth