GHD Civil and Urban Infrastructure
team is looking for an innovative and experienced Design/Civil Engineer
to join their Victorian team. You will have the opportunity to work on large scale and complex projects, whilst being empowered to deliver challenging civil engineering solutions that go above and beyond the business-as-usual. We are seeking people who are proactive and collaborative, who have a team first attitude and a strong technical foundation which can be applied to a broad range of sectors and projects.
The Civil and Urban Infrastructure Team plans, designs and builds civil infrastructure for a diverse client base, in challenging brownfield environments, as the leading discipline and also in collaboration with GHD's multidisciplinary technical teams (including major projects). We work across all five of GHD's market sectors as project and design managers for infrastructure - this means we understand and can deliver the many different services GHD provides in cities and urban renewal projects as well as major projects. Working with the Civil and Urban Infrastructure team, this exciting position will see you involved in:
What would you bring to the team?
- Design and project management of civil infrastructure projects, from feasibility and tender through to construction
- Design delivery including technical outcomes, budgets and timeliness
- Communicating clearly your design ideas and development of a design philosophy
- Understanding client needs and expectations - understanding that design decisions and outcomes of projects can lead to long term business relationships
- Ensuring project technical risks are identified and managed
- Mentoring and guiding team members to progress their technical, project management and interpersonal skills
Interested? Apply now. Contact Vibha Ruparel T
- Diploma or degree qualified and have good knowledge of the design and approvals process for civil infrastructure projects
- Competent in 12D design software and understanding of BIM processes/workflows for multi-disciplinary civil infrastructure projects, from feasibility through construction
- Working knowledge of civil engineering (earthworks, roads, drainage, sewer and water design) as well as utility coordination and approvals facilitation
- Delivery of projects using 3D design tools in accordance with digital design strategies and procedures
- An understanding of what it takes to deliver, appreciate commercial imperatives and can see "the big picture"
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence both internal design teams and external clients.
+61 08 8111 6752
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanderpeoples.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.