QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.Life at QinetiQ
We are dedicated to solving some of the world's most challenging problems. The ingenuity of our 6,000 employees around the world is core to our success, which is why we work hard to develop our exceptional people.
We understand that people want different things from a career which is why we have created a flexible culture that offers role variety, a healthy work-life balance and scope to innovate and try new
Flexible Working Individual Training Allowance
Inclusive Culture Progressive Leave Benefits
Performance Incentives Generous Parental Leave
Our diversity and inclusion program 'Better Together' aims to create an environment where everyone is valued and provided with equal opportunity to contribute and succeed.
If you would like to be part of our growing team, we are currently looking for a Principal Consultant - Systems Engineering
to join our Advisory Division based in Adelaide
As the Principal Consultant - Systems Engineering
you will provide services including:
- Provide Systems Engineering policy, process, tools, training, and skilled resources to delivery pillars and other functional organizations;
- Define the Verification & Validation (V&V) policy;
- Define and support an integrated and holistic approach to Requirements Management, specifically the consistency of approach between Mission Systems and Support Systems requirements development;
- Coordinate and provide technical feedback and review of Prime Contractors deliverables as required to ascertain both SE and Integration concerns are addressed;
- Develop, maintain, and support a SE & Integration program to facilitate CoA technical insight and active participation in the system and subsystem integration and production processes;
- Provide input and recommendations for SE competency standards and assist in identifying training opportunities to develop a qualified work force;
To be successful in the role of Principal Consultant - Systems Engineering
you will need to bring with you
The Successful candidate will need to hold or have a reinstatable NV1 Australian Government security clearance
- Bachelor of Engineering with a post graduate systems engineering qualification
- Engineering Leadership experience in the maritime sector and preferably in submarines
- Experience in defence projects throughout the systems engineering life cycle including test and evaluation
We look after our people and we are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.