- Be part of a passionate group of Software Engineers who believe in learning, sharing and getting the best out of themselves
- Work on exciting projects and initiatives across Qantas Airline
- Permanent opportunities based at our Mascot Campus
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for its unique spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude. Together we’re strong and resilient, and we work hard to make sure we’re always at our best. Technology is a big part of how we continue to pioneer our way forward. With eyes on the future, our teams harness technology on a global scale.
We are looking for passionate and curious Data Engineers to join our teams in the design and delivery of high quality and secure data pipeline solutions that have a positive business impact.
You’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of high-quality data and processing pipelines and solutions.
- Expertise in designing and building maintainable and scalable end to end solutions in Apache Spark, EMR and Python or other similar tools.
- Experience with machine learning libraries and tools and patterns e.g. Random Forrest.
- Design and implementation of high-quality data processing pipelines and solutions.
- Championing a culture of continuous improvement, continuous delivery and operational excellence.
- Apply the principles of TDD and co-ordinate automation with Quality Engineers.
- Understanding and promoting security, compliance and governance.
- Display a passion to align solutions to measurable business outcomes.
- Engage with communities of practice, guilds, hackathons and other forums for learning and improvement.
- Work within a team to help scoping and shaping future work to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Work with other engineers and architects across the business on technical roadmaps across languages, tools, techniques, patterns and solutions.
- Engage with a broader industry through various events and causes.
Some of the technologies and patterns we work with include:
- Web, Mobile, Voice Assist, Chat, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Microservices, Internet of Things, Embedded Systems
- Continuous Delivery & DevOps, Automation, Containerisation, Serverless, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
- Real-time/Event Sourcing, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, System Integration
We’ve worked hard to create a culture that will challenge and excite you – and we try to provide every opportunity for your success.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.