UGL provides end-to-end outsourced engineering, construction, asset management and maintenance services with a diversified end-market exposure across the core sectors of Transport, Communications, Power, Resources, Social Infrastructure, Water, and Defence and Security.
Within the Infrastructure and Technology sector UGL is a leading provider of integrated systems for road and rail infrastructure projects. We are uniquely positioned and resourced to support our clients in their goals of providing exceptional transport solutions. Our services include infrastructure building and asset management, rail systems, signalling and communications, tunnel, and intelligent transport systems.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer with experience in delivering the Cyber Security on infrastructure and/or communication projects, rail cyber security experience is preferred but not essential.
The appointed candidate will be responsible for working in a system engineering and assurance team, delivering all aspects for Cyber Security especially the Cyber Security testing aspect of a variety of transport communications and technology projects.
The appointed Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Planning, delivering, and managing cyber security deliverables for projects.
- Performing cyber security testing and penetration testing.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Working with other SMEs in the system engineering and assurance team to ensure the solution satisfied the cyber security requirements of the project.
- Working with client to manage cyber security workshops and meetings.
- Ensure that all cyber security activities are consistent with the approved cyber security management plan.
- Traceability of the solution through requirements management and traceability tools within the DOORS environment.
- Participating in technical design reviews to allow the project delivery to progress through lifecycle gate reviews.
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and have a strong commitment to achieving safety standards. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged.
Previous experience and qualifications should include:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent - (Mandatory)
- Systems Engineering certified - (Desirable)
- Eligible to be a Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia - (Desirable)
- Experience in large scale technology driven engineering projects.
- Experience in multi-discipline Projects including infrastructure, railway, DoD, Utilities, Oil & Gas.
- Knowledge in Systems for Electrical/Mechanical/Communication Engineering.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, Access, Email.
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This is a great opportunity to join our team in NSW
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now.