Your responsibilities will include:
The Systems Engineering Integration Manager is part of the Combat Systems Integration (CSI) Integrated Product Team (IPT) within LMA will collaborate with the wider stakeholder community to conduct trade studies, capture & allocate requirements, synthesise & mature the design and develop compliant CS solutions in support of the Australian Governments sovereign naval shipbuilding enterprise. In this leading role, you will have autonomy to manage the systems engineering effort which is geared towards shaping the CS architectural solution that will form the basis of the upgrade package that will be instantiated on extant Aegis CMS equipped naval platforms within the RANs fleet.
This role will also encompass the management, coordination and delivery of systems engineering activities & associated outputs across the full engineering lifecycle to ensure specified capability is Fit-for-Service (i.e. Effective, Safe, Operable & Maintainable). Another core responsibility of this customer-facing leadership role is to foster strong relationships and champion collaboration within the SEIT Team with a strategic focus on growing others through sharing of experiences, lessons learned and imparting expert CS knowledge developed in multiple surface maritime related disciplines.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Extensive level of experience and expertise in the Surface Maritime Combat System domain with significant experience as a Systems Engineer operating at a senior level.
- Extensive level of experience with balancing the complex engineering trade space to achieve viable solutions in the System-of-Systems environment.
- Extensive experience in requirements analysis, functional decomposition/derivation of customer needs into functional and physical requirements, requirements architecture/schema development within a DOORS environment, including VCRM development and test method assignment.
- Extensive experience in process development, management and auditing.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of military systems, including utilisation of GFX and COTS/MOTS components.
- Outstanding communication skills, including technical writing and the ability to develop/publish high-quality Plans, Processes & Procedures.
- Extensive experience relating to the Integration, Test and Evaluation of CS Products into Naval Platforms or equivalent complex Military Systems having challenging constraints.
- Extensive experience working with a broad set of internal stakeholders and external partnering organisations to achieve common goals.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience providing effective guidance, mentoring and technical/leadership training to other employees.
- Advanced understanding of existing and emerging CS technologies and contemporary systems engineering practices and tooling (e.g. MBSE, Agile methodology)
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current or re-instatable NV1 Defence Security ClearanceWhat we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals.
In return we offer:
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Competitive Remuneration
- Options for genuine work/life flexibility including a 9 day, compacted fortnight
- Membership to Destination Discounts - that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Salary packaging for car leasing
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what's right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees' unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.