Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Cross-Capability Element Engineer to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence. The Cross-Capability Element Engineer is responsible for providing vital systems engineering services as a ‘shared service’ across all Capability Elements. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing and improving the systems engineering framework defined in key Project-level planning documents such as the Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Technical Certification Plan (TCP), System Safety Program Plan (SSPP), Configuration Management Plan (CMP) and Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP).
- Assisting the Capability Element Leads with the development and maintenance of CDD Documentation (OCD, FRD, TEMP) Enclosures for the respective capabilities.
- Ensuring standardisation of needs and requirements definitions in Capability Development Documents (CDDs) and related tools.
- Assisting the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) with the identification and application of specifications and standards.
- Supporting technical certification, and security certification and accreditation processes as required.
- Providing support to the Project-governance framework as defined in the Integrated Project Management Plan (IPMP), including participation on Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings, Capability Boards and User working group meetings.
- Participating in commercial procurement workshops, including development and/or review of Statements of Work (SOW).
- Ensuring traceability of capability needs and requirements, including linkages with procurement processes and products such as SOWs.
- Ensuring configuration management of Products within the scope of the Project and in accordance with the project Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Identifying gaps and opportunities to improve the effectiveness and performance of Joint C2 ICT applications.
Essential Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Degree qualified in Engineering.
- Formal training in Systems Engineering discipline.
- High-level understanding on the systems engineering discipline and practical application of associated concepts including; requirements definition, design and readiness reviews, system safety, configuration management and audits, verification and validation and technical certification.
- High-level of understanding on the development of the CDD suite.
- Experience of working in technical regulatory framework utilised in the Defence context.
- Experience with major capital acquisition projects in the Defence context.
- Experience with sustainment arrangements in Defence (commercial and Foreign Military Sales).
- Experience with the Defence Strategic Framework, Defence Capability Life Cycle and the related governance requirements.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Member of a relevant Professional Body / Technical Society (e.g. Engineers Australia, INCOSE).
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Understanding of JC2 systems, strategic networks, tactical networks, and ICT organisations within the ADF (fixed and deployed domains) in the Joint Force operational environments.
- Understanding of the Defence Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, and cyber worthiness principles.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, software development methodologies (such as Agile and Dev Ops), test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments.
- Ability to develop technical SORs or SOWs for software delivery projects.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory),
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable),
- Relevant Certifications
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a minimum NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on email@example.com for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).