At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for an experienced Construction Engineer to join our Construction team on a full-time basis based in Perth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
Support construction projects both in the planning office and on site, including:
- Support the preparation of project specific construction plans, designs, calculations, drawings, construction schedules and associated documents.
- Lead by example and direct site activities in line with Golder, clients and Government health, safety and environment requirements.
- Identify safety hazards and report OH&S incidents.
- Under the guidance of the relevant manager, supervise and direct site labour, plant, equipment and the delivery of construction materials to complete the project on time and on budget.
- Maintain record of site activities in line with Golder quality policies and procedures with focus on quality assurance and quality control.
- Monitor changes to designs, assessing effects on cost and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs.
- Communicate progress of site activities to senior engineers and project managers.
- Analyse engineering drawings and specifications to estimate total quantities and prepare cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in preparation and control of budgets.
- Prepare preliminary engineering and GIS drawings with input from seniors. Final drawings to be completed by CAD Draftsperson or GIS Specialists as appropriate.
- Contribute to the preparation of tenders and reports.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Manual (unrestricted) driver’s licence.
- Site experience in civil construction or mining or similar projects.
- Experience in medium and large civil infrastructure construction sites with focus on quality control and quality assurance would be advantageous.
- Experience with Civil 3D and GIS software
- Experience with MS Project Scheduling software
- Proven ability to work effectively in isolation and within a team environment.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to occupational health & safety.
- Excellent time management skills.
The role will involve site-based work and may include working on sites on a FIFO roster depending on the nature of the projects and the job requirements.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies