Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. At Jacobs, what we do is more than a job, we work every day to make the world better for all.
In our strategic advisory work, we're empowering our clients to deliver smarter, more sustainable, and more affordable solutions for tomorrow. From optimising asset performance to developing robust strategic programs, from planning Australia's next suburban smart town to protecting vulnerable countries against rising oceans - we're committed to aiming higher in all that we do, because what we do counts. #LI-LM1234 #ANZCities
Our Strategic Advisory and Cities & Places Solutions team in Hobart is seeking a Communications and Engagement Consultant with five or more years' experience to provide community and stakeholder engagement and communications support in the design and delivery of water, transport, energy, and city shaping projects both in Tasmania and the Mainland. This role will involve supporting the engagement and communication processes with stakeholders and communities for infrastructure planning, infrastructure delivery, environmental approvals, and other strategic advisory services.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Preparation and implementation of Community & Stakeholder Engagement Plans
- Preparation of written materials to support communication and engagement processes
- Engagement with community members and stakeholders - including face to face and online engagement
- Supporting or leading facilitation of community information sessions and stakeholder workshops, both online and in person
- Reviewing, analysing and reporting on outcomes of communication and engagement processes
- Managing community and stakeholder feedback mechanisms, enquiries and complaints Working closely with project managers, engineers and specialists to deliver project outcomes that our communities and stakeholders' value
- Project managing smaller projects
Engaging effectively with the people that are impacted by our projects is important to us, our clients and the community. We have a talented group of people nationally with a diverse set of skills in communications and engagement and we are looking for star-performers to join our growing team and influence outcomes on major infrastructure projects. If you as seeking a role where you can make a difference, influence sustainable outcomes on a major infrastructure projects and receive career development and support from a dedicated network of dynamic sustainability peers, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, environmental science/management, urban planning or engineering
- An understanding of engagement processes to support infrastructure planning and environmental approvals
- Community & stakeholder engagement experience
- Facilitation experience (virtual and face-to-face)
- IAP2 understanding
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.Organization:
AU - Hobart Melville Street, 100 Melville Street, Hobart TAS 7000, Hobart, 7000Capabilities: