ERM is seeking motivated civil, environmental and water-resources engineers as well as hydrogeologists, geochemists and soil scientists
to join our team in Brisbane & Perth to support our services to the mining sector
. The ideal candidates will bring significant consulting experience in the mining sector, in order to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and strong project management. An interest in applying existing knowledge and expertise to solve complex challenges in the Mining sector is critical.
ERM are rapidly growing our capability and capacity to help our mining sector clients face the growing challenges of developing and operating sustainable mining ventures. As such, you will be part of a dynamic technical team responsible for consulting on mine closure planning and cost estimation, capital project development, and project permitting and approvals to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global Mining team to share best practices across the industry.
This is an opportunity for experienced engineering and geoscience professionals looking to advance their careers to the next level with a global leader in sustainability and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.Responsibilities:
Candidates will lead and/or support a wide variety of mining projects related to capital project development, environmental permitting and mine closure planning as well as the development of associated management plans. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide oversight and quality control for data collection, management, reduction and analysis.
- Collaborate with other ERM national and global practitioners to execute projects. Participate on teams composed of multi-disciplinary professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organisation.
- Mentor junior-level and mid-level consulting staff to develop their skill sets including technical skills, project experience, and general consulting and decision-making skills.
- Contribute to proposal development, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates in accordance with ERM's policies and processes.
- When required, direct and monitor project management activities related to projects, including task delegation and direction, subcontractor management, health & safety protocol management, monitoring of commercial performance, quality review of deliverables, and interaction with clients.
- Work with other global ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients to expand ERM's profile and market share in the global Mining market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development support).
Who We Are:
- Bachelors in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; professional registration would be an asset.
- 5 to 10+ years of relevant mining industry experience. Consulting industry experience highly desirable.
- Expertise in mine closure planning, assessment and design.
- Experience leading the environmental approval and permitting process on owner's teams for major capital projects (i.e., new mines or expansions).
- Strong knowledge of capital project management and experience working as part of an integrated team to develop pre-feasibility and feasibility level studies.
- Experience conducting third party reviews against capital project planning, industry best practice, regulatory requirements and corporate standards.
- Experience developing and implementing environmental management programs (e.g., for tailings, waste rock, water quality, air quality and hazardous waste management), for projects in all stages of mine life (e.g. construction, operations, closure)
- Strong project management skills (e.g., development of work plans, budgets, schedules, and project controls).
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021, we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!