At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. The Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) region is home to 5,300 people, of which 3,300 are in Australia.
Due to the ongoing success of our Australian operations, our Melbourne Transport team have a need for additional engineers within the Roads and Civil business. We are inviting expressions of interest for several roles that will be tailored to the candidates at the levels of Civil Engineer and/or Senior Civil Engineer. Our projects include the largest projects currently underway and proposed in Victoria, including Melbourne Metro Tunnel, Level Crossing Removals, and the North-East Link projects.
Your background, skills and experience should include:
- Bachelors (or Masters) degree in Civil Engineering (four-year degree) suitable for obtaining membership to Engineers Australia.
- CPEng or equivalent qualification, or demonstrated progress and commitment to obtain CPEng.
- Recent and relevant experience in the design of urban arterial and highway projects in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in a design and construct project environment.
- Recent application of current VicRoads and AustRoads guidelines on major projects is a necessity.
- Direct experience in development of geometry and full modelling in Bentley products would be an advantage (including Microstation, and InRoads progressing to OpenRoads).
- Candidates will have a minimum of three years of relevant experience for the Civil Engineer roles, and a minimum of approximately seven years of relevant experience for the Senior Civil Engineer roles.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of design deliverables across a range of civil discipline areas including road geometry, road safety, traffic engineering, signs and line marking, drainage, pavements, and earthworks.
- Preparation of written advice including technical notes, reports, and specifications.
- Review and oversight of drawing production by designers and drafters.
- Contribution to Digital Engineering management of model deliverables through projects.
- Contribution to proposal development for small to medium projects as required.
- Active contribution to safety, including safety in design processes on projects.
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching of more junior team members, including graduate engineers.
We welcome candidates considering part-time, or other flexible working arrangements in our team.
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a supported career path for a very successful future. We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
Benefits at WSP:
- Global career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation’s most exciting projects.
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Career Pathways Program for Young Professionals with excellent development opportunities.
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks’ additional annual leave.
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities.
- Mentoring and career development programs.
- Salary continuance insurance.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.