With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
Due to current business opportunities, we are looking to hire a Civil Engineer to join our fast-growing Water team in the Adelaide office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally.
What you'll do:
- Driving the technical quality of water and wastewater infrastructure design projects.
- Civil design development and delivery through the full spectrum of the project life cycle to ensure work output is of a technically high standard.
- Involved in the production and review of concise high-quality technical documentation
- An understanding of Design and/or design management of a range of projects or program work packages would be advantageous.
- Contributing to the design team by actively assisting colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, enhance satisfaction, and exceed client expectations.
- Assisting in preparing and coordinating high-quality proposals and pursuits.
- Assist in project management and design management in a range of projects.
- Develop & mentor younger engineers.
- Working collaboratively with a team including on large-scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and programs.
What we'll love about you:
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Typically, 2 - 5 years + experience in the SA Water sector in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in detailed design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects, with specific experience in pipeline and pump station design.
- Experience in the design management of water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge of relevant industry related Australian Standards and WSAA codes. Previous experience with SA Water standards & WSAA codes and accreditation with the MRWA would be advantageous.
- Chartered Engineer or actively working towards chartered status.
- Well-developed use and understanding of Civil 3D modelling software, 2D and 3D CADD software would be advantageous.
- Understanding of related safety in design practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- The ability to prepare successful proposals with the correct scope and budget.
- Help develop and mentor younger engineers, both on projects and through structured training.
- The ability to submit technical reports to a high standard requiring minimal correction; and provide final review of reports.
- Experience in Design and Construction projects would be advantageous.
What you'll love about us
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity, and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds, and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.