With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
WSP takes a holistic and sustainable approach to keeping our communities healthy. We support governments, investors and utilities across Australia and New Zealand by mitigating risks, reducing the cost of water use and disposal, optimising water and wastewater assets and creating strategies for a sustainable future.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Our NSW Water team is growing. Contributing to this growth is being awarded a 10-year contract to partner with Sydney Water to deliver their program of works in the Southern Region. We are part of a consortium, Delivering for Customers (D4C) and we are working on multiple projects in water and wastewater networks and Wastewater Treatment Plants. This solid program of works has identified the need to increase our Design capacity to work on programs of work in Water Networks.
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.The Opportunity
What we'll love about you
- Technical delivery of design scope to achieve the project design objectives to our customer requirements
- Prepare design fee estimates for both the tender and design phase of projects
- Working within Sydney Water and D4C design workflows and processes
- Contribute to Safety in Design workshops, technical reviews, value engineering, and project risk workshops
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders (Project Managers, Project Engineers, Operations, Construction, Environment representatives, Community representatives, Commissioning, Maintenance, etc.)
This role is important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders.
What we will offer you:
- Passionate about all things Water
- Tertiary degree in engineering or equivalent engineering from recognised institution
- Typically, 3 - 7 years of relevant Water Networks industry experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in Water Networks
- Chartered by Engineers Australia or willingness/ ability to become Chartered by Engineers Australia
- High Level of interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, with an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity, and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds, and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.