At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 50,500 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continuous success of our Western Australia operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our growing Transport infrastructure team in our Perth office. As a people focused business with a keen eye on work/life balance, you will be hard pressed to find a better office to work. As we are a national business, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on local and interstate projects for a range of government and private sector clients. The successful candidate will ideally possess the following:
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- 3+ years' post qualification experience in a Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) or consulting office,
- Experience in road design and engineering, preferably in drainage and utilities will be well regarded (but not essential),
- Possess a Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Either registered as a Professional Engineer or studying towards recognition,
- A working knowledge of industry related Australian Standards, local MRWA Standards and other road design standards,
- Practical knowledge of road and civil design software,
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion,
: (including but not limited to)
Benefits at WSP:
- Undertake engineering as required to include the following; - Concept, detail design, and analyses and /or calculations to enable the preparation of documentation. - Assist in preparation of documentation for the calling and evaluation of tenders. - Coordinate design and documentation with other engineering services and with other team members.
- Assisting more senior Engineers with the analysis of information, production of designs and computations.
- Preparing specifications, proposals and other documentation under broad supervision.
- Participating in planning to achieve prescribed objectives
- Undertake contract administration duties on projects as assigned including but not limited to; site inspections, review of shop drawings, assessment of financial claims and variations, commissioning tests and defects inspections.
- Prepare reports for clients on matters relating to engineering services.
- Record activities contributing to continuing professional development e.g. achieve Chartered Professional Engineering Status or equivalent.
At WSP you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
- Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra annual leave per year as part of salary sacrificing.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.