Australia - Queensland, CairnsJob Summary
The AECOM Cairns office has successfully delivered a wide range of projects for over the last 30 years including some of the largest and most complex transport planning projects outside of South East Queensland. Our skillset extends across all phases of the design process (i.e. strategic planning, design development, detailed design and documentation, as well as construction phase support), and we work across a very large geographical area that includes remote sites such as Cape York Peninsula and the Torres Straits.
AECOM's Cairns office has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our Transport team. This role will see you working as part of our highly experienced team where you will apply your prior engineering and analytical technical skills to produce engineering solutions for a range of AECOM's Transport and Civil Infrastructure projects, including Cairns Ring Road and other large-scale State Government projects.
AECOM strongly supports career development across our engineering team. Being part of our close-knit Far North Queensland office, whilst being connected with a national team of engineers and designers, this opportunity will give you exposure to a range of project and technical expertise, facilitating mentorship and coaching.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering - or similar;
- Proven or demonstrated experience in technical design within Civil Engineering, ideally with knowledge of Civil Infrastructure projects or TMR guidelines;
- Experience or knowledge in local/state government Civil Engineering projects;
- Highly proficient communication skills, both in written report-writing, listening and oral communication.
As a Civil Engineer at AECOM you will be looking to utilise your knowledge or prior Civil Engineering project experience towards a role more specifically within Transport and diverse Civil Infrastructure projects. You will be supported by our Senior Engineers in developing a well-rounded civil engineering career by working across diverse and complex multidisciplinary Transport projects.Preferred Qualifications
Benefits at AECOM
- Prior experience or proven knowledge of Civil Infrastructure and Transport projects within Queensland, with an understanding of State Government projects, policy and standards.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.