GHD are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking and innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Our North Queensland region is expanding on the back of several recent project wins. As such we are now inviting applications from experienced Civil Engineers
looking to capitalise on their exceptional technical knowledge and client-facing skills in order to drive their careers to the next level.
This role can be based in either our Gladstone
office location where, as a member of our dedicated Civil team, you will partner with your colleagues on a variety of projects in the public and private sectors, across an extensive regional client portfolio. Working with the discipline team leader, as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team, this position offers a broad variety of work that will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- The development and technical direction for the design documentation of the following types of projects;
- Civil Engineering Infrastructure;
- Subdivisional Developments (urban and remote);
- Road Design (urban and rural);
- Earthworks and Storm Water Drainage;
- Building Site works;
- Water and Sewerage Reticulation (desirable);
- Working as part of a team on those projects from conception, including design, management, site works, and construction surveillance; and
- Engaging directly with clients, creating or developing client relationships, and being an integral team member assisting with both the winning and delivery of projects.
About GHD North Queensland.
- Engineering Degree (Civil) and be progressing towards Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) status;
- Demonstrated report writing and strong written communication skills;
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A client focused attitude and an eagerness to network, develop and continue to grow the business; and
- Extensive experience in winning, managing and delivering projects across a range of market sectors.
We have been part of the North Queensland consulting landscape for more than 70 years since opening our Cairns office in 1948. GHD North Queensland is now home to more than 180+ engineers, designers, project managers, environmental scientists and support staff, with offices in Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.
Our team seamlessly integrates with staff from across GHD's network of offices to provide our local clients with tailored, flexible service with access to industry-leading technical, architectural and advisory expertise.
At GHD we recognise that our people have a life outside of work and may need support to balance their responsibilities at home or for other interests. GHD is committed to providing flexible working arrangements and ensuring that our employees maintain a suitable balance between work and home. Interested? Apply now.
Contact Richard Lumb
T +61 7 3316 4146
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.