Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our established and growing Busselton Civil team is looking for a Civil Engineer at a Graduate to intermediate level with knowledge and/or interest within the Land development sector to join us on a permanent basis.
This role will see you provide engineering services predominantly within land development as well as the building services, transport and water sectors.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to learn good technical design and strong consulting engineering, project delivery skills.
Successful candidates will be developed in a professional and personal sense and provided with an opportunity to forge a challenging and rewarding career path in a successful consultancy working on some of the state's most iconic land development projects.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Technical design and documentation
• Be accurate, diligent and professional
• Assist other members of the project team
• Eventually lead projects dependent on experience and participate in meetings with clients and other consultants
• Assist with delivering projects
• Report and specification writing
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
• Manage Client service expectations and commitments to projects
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Experience and/or interest in Land Development, building services, water and transport design
• Knowledge of CAD based design platform would be an advantage
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and think outside the box
• Positive, can-do attitude
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Civil Engineer (Busselton)
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-Western Australia Perth