we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 50,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 42 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Due to the ongoing success of our Queensland operations, our Roads, Aviation and Civil
team have a need for additional Civil Engineering capability to join our dynamic Brisbane
office as we begin our journey strategizing and gearing up for infrastructure delivery catalysed by the 2032 Olympic Games.
We are inviting applicants to be engaged as a Civil Engineer
, in a role that will be tailored to the candidates' experience, capability, and personal growth ambitions. Your background, skills and experience should include:
- Civil Engineering degree
- 5 to 10 years' post qualification experience working with local clients and government authorities
- Experience on Department of Transport and Main Roads (QLD) projects or within an engineering consulting environment highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in road design and engineering preferable with some exposure in drainage and utilities
- A working knowledge of industry related Australian Standards, local TMR Standards and other road design standards
- Practical knowledge of road and civil design and drafting software
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and quickly gain the respect of team members and clients
- Pro-active, team focused approach
- Capacity to imagine, articulate and introduce new and better ways to improve the efficiency in project delivery and improve the quality of deliverables
- Experience in various project phases including Planning (such as the preparation of Options Analysis and Business Case), Concept Design, Tender Design, Detailed Design, Construction Phase Services, Asset Management or Contract Administration
We welcome candidates considering part-time, or other flexible working arrangements in our team.
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a supported career path for a very successful future.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!Benefits at WSP:
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
- National career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation's most exciting projects
- Focus on personalised career growth to attain Chartered/RPEQ status
- Recognition for professional and team achievements
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Flexibility to work freely across Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast offices
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks' additional annual leave
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities
- Mentoring and career development programs
- Opportunity to participate in Young Professional networks and other committees
- Salary continuance insurance
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.