Due to team expansion, Cardno has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our Sunshine Coast office. This is a great opportunity for an emerging Engineer to take the next step and get more involved in hands on project work and exposure to clients.Job Description:The role
Due to team expansion, Cardno has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our Sunshine Coast office. This is a great opportunity for an emerging Engineer to take the next step and get more involved in hands on project work and exposure to clients.
With our office located in the new Maroochydore City Centre, within walking distance to Sunshine Coast Plaza, Cotton Tree, the beach and the gym, you will enjoy the lifestyle benefits that only the Coast can provide. Our projects are located throughout SEQ and range from master planned communities and high-density developments through to major infrastructure projects.
Cardno has embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust. As part of onboarding, Cardno will work with you to tailor a flexible work plan that balances the business needs and your personal circumstances.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Preparation of civil engineering and design services for a range of project elements including roadworks, stormwater and other infrastructure using best practice methodologies and techniques
- Contract administration of civil construction projects including roadworks, stormwater and other infrastructure
- Engaging with clients to develop innovative solutions and resolution of complex design issues
- Providing technical input into scope of works and timing of projects
- Conducting site visits and investigations and assisting in field surveys
- Mentoring for junior design teams
- Administering Construction Contracts
Ideally you will possess -
Why join Cardno?
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Extensive experience (ideally three years +) within a civil infrastructure environment
- Relevant knowledge of design standards and legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills to commercially manage client needs and expectations
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Eligible for registration as an RPEQ or working towards it
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
www.cardno. com/careersCardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.