We are seeking a Civil Engineer, with water infrastructure or broader civil design experience to be based in one of our Hobart, Launceston or Burnie offices within the Water team, part of the Structures, Water & Industry Business Group. This diverse role will allow you a balance of technical work, project management, construction phase involvement and operation support, whilst being dynamic in nature and allowing you to draw on your experience to make the role your own.
In Tasmania, we have a long-standing relationship with the water sector, municipal councils, state government and broader industry, and we strive to understand and deliver on our clients' needs for improved community outcomes. The Water team works on a wide variety of projects locally, as well as supporting projects for the broader national enterprise.
Working with leading technical experts, this position is a great opportunity in a wonderful location and will see you involved in:
• Water and industrial designs
• Water and broader industrial planning projects
• Producing design drawings, reports and technical documents
• Project management
• Joining a committed, multi-disciplinary Group eager to contribute to significant projects for the region and further afield
What would you bring to the team?
• Approximately 5-10 years' relevant experience
• Civil and hydraulic design skills in any of the following areas - pipelines, sewers, storages, stormwater, water and wastewater treatment plants
• Experience in producing design reports, specifications and tender documentation
• Some project management experience
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in the development of engineering drawings
• Experience in the use of use of civil and hydraulic software
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Applications close 8th April 2021
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Kate Chamberlain
T +61 3 8651 9204
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.