Civil EngineerAre you looking to expand your horizons and deliver high profile, exciting projects?
At KBR we are paving the way in how we do things. Creativity, collaboration and excellence is what KBR's core is made up of. Does this resonate with you?
Are you excited by the thought of working on some of Australia's largest nation changing projects across industries that are helping to shape Australia's future?
Join us on the journey.
We value an inclusive and diverse work environment and are working together to build a culture that embraces each other's unique strengths and experiences.
Our people are important to us, you are what makes our business successful; therefore we realise it is important to nurture a culture of trust giving you the freedom to step up and take opportunities that will challenge you and push your career to the next level.
We will encourage you to work in a way that that suits you and look forward to discussing what you need to help you be successfulThe Opportunity
This is an opportunity for a civil engineer with some infrastructure project experience, within a design environment. The role will work with a talented team of high performing engineers through an exciting growth phase for our business. You will have day to day interaction with technical specialists, who will be actively involved in supporting your on-going professional growth and development.Key Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Design and documenting work to a high standard and to applicable Australian Standards, Austroads Guidelines
- Complete civil and drainage design as well as earthworks, site grading, pavements etc
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate calculation packages
- Prepare technical reports, contract documents and technical specifications
- Assist in the design of larger and more complex assignments which involve several disciplines, investigations, surveys, structures, services and geotechnical issues
- Demonstrate a good understanding of client needs
- Demonstrate a good understanding of commercial requirements to complete work within allocated time and budget
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Civil)
- 2-3+ years experience (within an engineering consultancy preferred)
- Knowledge of drainage design and modelling (12D drainage experience highly desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with relevant standards and design guidelines to the civil engineering discipline
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work successfully within a design team
- Eligible for membership of IEAust
- Practical knowledge and commitment to health and safety
KBR is a global company that has been successfully delivering for our customers for over 100 years. We pride ourselves on being an innovative and forward-thinking company with a reputation for delivering on some of the most challenging and complex engineering projects in the world.So how do I apply?
If what you've read resonates with your values, experience and career aspirations then we want to hear from you! Just click apply and upload your resume and cover letter.
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.Scheduled Weekly Hours: