As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future
As a result of continued growth in workload and project opportunities GHD is searching for a Civil Engineer, experienced in the design and delivery of civil infrastructure projects to help drive the ongoing success of our Wide Bay business. As part of GHD's global team, this challenging and exciting opportunity has great variety of that will allow you to develop your career across multiple sectors and multiple clients contributing to projects, locally, nationally and even overseas. Typically you will be involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Working on roads, stormwater, urban development, and other civil infrastructure projects in the region, including pavement, traffic, drainage, and development studies (incl. local road and drainage infrastructure, private development, and major private infrastructure).
- Working as part of a team on projects from conception, including design, management, site works, and construction surveillance.
- Engaging directly with clients, creating or developing client relationships, and being an integral team member assisting with both the winning and delivery of projects.
- Regular opportunities for travel to site for that all important onground practical experience; and
- The ability to have a degree of autonomy and responsibility for the delivery of projects, if desired.
- Engineering Degree (Civil) and be progressing towards Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) status
- Demonstrated report writing and strong written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the planning and/or design of water and wastewater infrastructure and associated works
- A client focussed attitude.
This role would suit a Civil Engineer with three (3) plus years' experience, looking to take the next step in their career within a supportive, diverse and collaborative environment. About The Wide Bay Region
The Wide Bay Region provides an enviable work life balance and is a great place to raise and grow a family. It truly is "the perfect place at your perfect pace". The region is rapidly emerging as the food bowl of Queensland, is capitalising on the diversification of traditional manufacturing and food processing industries. On the doorstep of World Heritage Listed Fraser Island, the Wide Bay and is now recognised as the Gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The estimated population is 293,500, based around Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Gympie, Maryborough, Kingaroy, Biggenden and smaller regional centres.
At GHD, we recognise that our people have a life outside of work and may need support to balance their responsibilities at home or for other interests. GHD is committed to providing flexible working arrangements and ensuring that our employees maintain a suitable balance between work and home.
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Richard Lumb, Talent Acquisition Business Partner
T +61 7 3316 4146.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.