- Opportunity to work on interesting projects
- Flexible working culture with supportive working from home environment
- Join our growing geo-environmental group
With approximately 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
As a result of this growth, we have new opportunity for a Geo-Environmental (Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical) Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis in our Perth office. You will be working on a variety of civil, mining and infrastructure projects.What you will do
What we will love about you
- Working within the Perth Geo-environmental Design team to help deliver of high profile, complex and challenging projects related to geo-environmental engineering, waste management, mining, hazardous dams, and other multidisciplinary engineering works throughout Western Australia and interstate;
- Development of technical documents (reports, specifications, drawings) for key clients throughout various project execution phases (concept, pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design, construction, operation, and decommissioning);
- Contributing to the technical delivery of Geo-environmental projects, incorporating resource, financial management, risk management and quality management;
- Contributing to successful project completion of Geo-environmental projects by providing technical expertise and support to the team in accordance with project time and quality objectives;
- Providing technical direction and mentorship to junior staff;
- Coordination of contract management, including suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Preparing proposals and reports for clients with appropriate senior review, and geotechnical reports to a high standard;
- Maintaining client contact and customer liaison and identifying safety hazards and completing OH&S incident reporting
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in a similar environment /role.
- Civil/Geotechnical engineering experience in related areas such as geosynthetics, embankments and earthworks, surface water management;
- Highly motivated, innovative and committed to technical excellence through project execution and the ability to integrate into multidisciplinary projects;
- Ability to integrate into projects built with a team of professionals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to enable delivery of client focused services to a diverse group of professionals.
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.