A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have 4-6 years previous experience in civil drafting and related areas which will aim to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise.
You will ideally have:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering/Drafting including Advanced Diploma or Diploma.
- Experience in the operation of software drafting tools including, but not limited to AutoCAD packages and basic scripting is essential for this position. Knowledge of 12D, MicroStation, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks, Tekla, Grasshopper, Dynamo is helpful but not essential.
- Proven working knowledge and experience with Water Corporation, Building Management and Works, PTA, Main Roads WA and Local Government Authorities’ standards is a key competency required for this position.
- Demonstrated ability of critically analysing drafting and IT problems to assist the development of design outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
- Effective written communication and communicates openly through asking questions and actively listening to ensure comprehension
About the role
The key focus of this role is to cover a broad range of skills relating to CAD drafting on multidisciplinary engineering and design projects, located in our Perth Office.
In this role you will:
- Provide support for the Civil Infrastructure team (and other teams as required), including taking responsibility for production and management of CAD external reference drawings, design sketches, and drawing deliverables (including issued for construction drawings and CAD outputs) using the latest version of AutoCAD software
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of drafting tasks to the required standards for various clients and approving authorities
- Have the opportunity to work on a broad range of multidisciplinary major infrastructure projects, including urban renewal and “brown-field” site developments, public transport network improvements (including bus and rail transit priority projects) and major utilities services upgrade and diversion projects
- Provide new and innovative IT solutions to problems, ensuring the group keeps pace with new advancements in technology in the industry.
- Use a combination of standard and modified design methods/techniques in order to solve problems including the use of AutoCAD, and other design and drafting software packages.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply” to submit your online application.