Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. About the opportunity
Our Transport group employs more than 8,000 professionals who support clients with innovative solutions to efficiently move people and goods across the globe. We focus our efforts in Aviation, Bridge, Highway, Ports & Maritime, Planning Services, Transit & Rail and Tunnels.
Due to project wins in the WA region, we are seeking a Civil Designer Specialist. This role is a recognised technical specialist in the application of advanced theory and concepts of civil design. You will take advantage of new developments and improvements in technology to build capability and manage all aspects of the engineering design, modelling and drawing deliverables. Furthermore, you will adopt BIM workflows and practices to work collaboratively with other disciplines, taking responsibility for developing design deliverables to agreed quality, time and budget, working independently or leading a design team on larger projects. About you
- Demonstrated understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints
- High level design (12D, MX or Civil 3D and actively transitioning to OpenRoads) and general CAD skills, with strong knowledge of data transfer between key software packages
- Experience in day to day management of design teams, delegating responsibility and ensuring high quality output
- Experience in management of multidisciplinary projects
- Liaison with clients including delivery partners
- Working understanding of design and drafting software packages including but not limited to AutoCAD, MX, OpenRoads
- Good interpersonal skills. Develops others and acts as mentor
We reflect our clients' diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You'll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Perth Adelaide Terrace, 8th Floor, Durack Centre, 263 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6001, Perth, 6001Capabilities: