- Casual Sessional, 20 hours per week, commencing January 2022
- Teaching within the Future Technology Group
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus
RMIT offers life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates. About the College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMIT's College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence. Led by our Pro Vice Chancellor, the College of VE is reimagining how we deliver vocational education to create unique experiences for our students and partners, so we can:
- lead in practice-based learning
- empower learners for the future of work
- engage industry and community at scale
- grow for impact and influence
The College of VE is delivering impact through transformation that creates long-term change.About You
As a Casual Sessional within Vocational Education, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of course material, assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in selected courses within the School. You will participate in the School's continuing review of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students' assessment. You will interact with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff. Your performance will be underpinned by participation in relevant activities which ensure your vocational competence meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, relevant to teaching and consultancy environments. This includes effective presentation and facilitation skills, and in the use of flexible teaching methods.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment.
- Demonstrated experience within the Finance industry, and substantial discipline knowledge as it relates to this position.
- Demonstrated capacity to diagnose learning problems in students, propose and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- Vocational Competencies and demonstrated recent experience within Civil Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Sound knowledge in Structures, Concrete Design, Steel Design, Engineering Management and Engineering Materials
- AutoCAD and Revit experience is highly desirable.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply
' link below. For further information about this position, please contact Lauren Ryan (CasualRecruitment@rmit. edu.au).
Further information regarding RMIT's Civil Engineering program please choose from the following links:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology
A relevant tertiary degree and/or extensive project and administrative expertise in a complex tertiary education or similar service environment. Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check. Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognized by a broad spectrum of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role. We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email
TalentSupport@rmit. edu.au with your request(s). Applications Close:
31 Oct 2021 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.