At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter and more accessible for all. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
As local leaders in the transportation consulting engineering industry Jacobs are currently delivering some of the largest projects in Queensland. We have an enviable portfolio of work around the state including Cross River Rail (RIS), the Rockhampton Ring Road and the Mackay Ring Road. We will also be starting work on a major Inland Rail package and have a number of road and rail opportunities in the pipeline.
We're seeking a Cadet Civil Engineering Designer/Drafter
to join our Brisbane Transport team
. Under the guidance and mentorship of our senior designers you'll develop the skills to forge a successful career in the Consulting Engineering industry, including:
- Providing technical support in relation to design and drafting services across all disciplines of transport projects
- Assisting with basic 3d modelling tasks and preparing drawing outputs for engineering projects ensuring all work complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and practices
- Providing document control support for consulting projects including printing, filing and issue of project related drawing deliverables
- Adopting BIM workflows and practices to work collaboratively with other disciplines.
This cadetship will ultimately provide a pathway to a permanent position as a Civil Engineering Designer within our organisation.Ideally, you will complete your Associate Degree in Civil Engineering through TAFE
part time, while gaining industry experience through employment with Jacobs. Key skills/requirements for this role include:
- Year 12 High School qualifications satisfying entry level criteria for the Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, TAFE QLD
- General understanding of drawing concepts
- An aptitude to develop an advanced knowledge of computing applications including BIM and CAD software
- Capable of working within a team environment or individually
This is a unique role that requires applicantsholdAustralian/ New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency. Bring your curiosity, collaborative spirit and strong communication skills, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. Partnering with clients to deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions, we're creating thriving cities, resilient environments, multi-purpose and smart infrastructure for all.
Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally- and together, ourdiverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we'recommitted todriving aculture of caring where you can be you.Having the right blend of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients' expectations. To be considered for this role, please apply via the link below and attach your CV, proof of Australian working rights (e.g. birth certificate or passport) and academic transcript to your application.Organization:
AU South Brisbane - Cordelia St, 32 Cordelia St, South Brisbane, 4101Capabilities: