At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter and more accessible for all. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
We're seeking a Cadet Bridge Drafter
to join our Sydney Transport Structures team
. Under the guidance and mentorship of our senior designers you'll develop the skills to forge a successful career in the Consulting Engineering industry, including:
- Providing drafting support, including drawing preparation predominately using AutoCAD, to disciplines on Transport Infrastructure engineering projects
- Documenting civil drawings in accordance with standards, quality and time
- Liaising with engineers, designers and drafters
- Assisting with maintenance of print room, drawings folders and reference material as required
This position is suitable for school leavers and students enrolled in or who have completed the Diploma of Civil Construction Design at TAFE
. Ideally, you'll attend TAFE one day per week while gaining industry experience through employment with Jacobs. Knowledge of AutoCAD or REVIT is an advantage.
Key skills/requirements for this role include:
- Year 12 High School qualifications satisfying entry level criteria for the Diploma of Civil Construction Design, TAFE NSW
- General understanding of drawing concepts
- An aptitude to develop an advanced knowledge of computing applications including BIM and CAD software
- Capable of working within a team environment or individually
- Interest in structural drafting and ongoing learning and development
This is a unique role that requires applicantsholdAustralian/ New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency. Bring your curiosity, collaborative spirit and strong attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. Partnering with clients to deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions, we're creating thriving cities, resilient environments, multi-purpose and smart infrastructure for all.
Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally- and together, ourdiverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we'recommitted todriving aculture of caring where you can be you.Having the right blend of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients' expectations. To be considered for this role, please apply via the link and attach your CV, proof of Australian working rights (e.g. birth certificate or passport) and academic transcript to your application.Organization:
AU - Sydney Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities: